IMPROVE YOUR SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION
GET MORE IMPACT!
100% of the participants recommend us
The human brain processes artwork very efficiently, so much so that people have a preference for images and in many cases we need to see to understand.
Graphical elements are the first thing that catches our attention in an article, scientific poster, project proposal or slide show. Furthermore, these graphic elements, such as diagrams, illustrations and data charts, are what allow us to understand concepts that are difficult to understand using only numbers and text. On the other hand, slide and poster presentations have become the most common way of disseminating our work and ideas, they are very visual formats, so that our story can engage the audience.
However, it is very rare in a scientific career to find a faculty, course or subject where the creation and integration of graphic information is taught in an adequate way. In order to overcome this shortcoming, the study NorArte Visual Science teaches working methodologies, basic design knowledge and tools to create graphic material that ideally and effectively complements scientific texts.
Online and face-to-face courses about science visualization
- Official College of Biologists of the Basque Country. ‘Basic uses of Inkscape for scientific publications’ en castellano o inglés. EVERY MONTH. Sign up.
- Museo Laboratorium de Bergara. ‘Uniting Art and Science in Bergara 5th edition. Ornithological illustration workshop’ . December 19 and 20. Sign up.
- BIODONOSTIA. Online courses ‘Efficient Scientific Presentations‘ . October and November. CLOSED
- Educational Advisory Service – UPV/EHU. Online course ‘Creation of graphic material for teaching and research: Basic uses of Inkscape‘ in Basque. November. CLOSED.
- Grupo 9 Formación del Profesorado COVID. Online course ‘Creación de material gráfico para docencia e investigación‘. November 10 to 30. CLOSED.
We adjust to you
- We adapt the programme to your needs.
- Courses online. Visit our online course platform.
- On-site courses. Contact us without any obligation.
- Different languages: Basque, Spanish and English.
- Talks and workshops on demand.
We have been helping you to improve your scientific communication for yearsUniversities, research centres, congress organisers, hospitals, official schools are training their employees with us.
Train your team!
Our extensive experience in training
- Science week UPV/EHU. Online course ‘SCIENCES (OF THE SEA) IN OUR ENVIRONMENT‘ Belen Gonzalez Gaya eta Esther Blanco ikertzaileekin batera. 2020
- CICbioGUNE. Course online ‘Basic uses of Inkscape for scientific publications‘. 2020
- CICenergiGUNE. Course online ‘Basic uses of Inkscape for scientific publications‘. 2020
- V edición del Congreso de Jóvenes del Grupo Especializado de Coloides e Interfases (JICI-V). Seminar ‘CIENCIA VISUAL para mejorar tu comunicación científica‘. 2020.
- Summer courses UPV/EHU: comunica tu ciencia. Seminar ‘Ilustración Científica: Mejora tu comunicación científica mediante el dibujo‘. 2019
- Panamá University. Seminar ‘Scientific illustration as a tool to transmit knowledge‘. 2019.
- Laboratorium museum. Botanic illustration in collaboration with Carles Puche. 2019, 2018, 2016.
- Science and Tecnology Faculty. Basque Country University. 2018
- Basurto Hospital. 2018, 2017.
- Cruces Hospital. 2018.
- Biodonostia. 2018.
- Neiker-Tecnalia. 2017.
- IkerGazte. 2017.
- FOPU, Basque Country University. 2017, 2016, 2015.
- Master and Doctorate School, Basque Country University. 2016.
- NAUKAS. 2015.
- Innova Empresa digitala. 2014.
- Official Association of Basque Biologist. 2014.
Scientific illustration courses for children and young people